Jai Satchitanand Friends!
Many times it happens in your day-to-day life that you become angry or lose your temper. Sometimes, you don’t show your anger but inside you feel angry and that comes out later in your behavior with that person in form of speech or action
What is Anger?
When annoyance and ego are combined, they result in anger. Anger happens when we aren’t able to see beyond certain limits. For example- Your younger brother may have taken your video game to play and broken it or your school teacher may have given you lots of homework. Any incident like this can make you angry.
Why do you get angry?
Dadashri says that we get angry:
1. Because we don’t get our own way.
2. When somebody insults us through either their behavior or words.
3. When the other person doesn’t understand our view point.
4. When we can’t comprehend a situation.
5. Because we have bound negative opinions for that person and based on those opinions, we often become angry on that person for little things.
6. Lack of self-control
Results of anger
1. You can bind karmas of revenge for your next life.
2. You hurt others and no-one in your surrounding will like to be with you.
3. It could ruin your health.
4. You become weaker and the person you got angry on becomes stronger if they don’t retaliate.
What can you do to become free of anger?
Dadashri has given us a magical eraser - “Pratikraman” to become free from anger. Pratikraman is simple. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness from the God within the person we hurt through our anger.
So friends, try to use the magic eraser of pratikraman whenever you feel angry and try to resolve your anger by using one of Dadashri’s keys above.
Moral story - Ripple Effects of Anger
Article – Forgiveness
Mythological story- Story of Chandraraudra
Videos on Anger
Magazine on Anger